The journal topics are the following:
- Ethical and social aspects in geosciences and at the interface between geosciences-society-politics.
- Ethical implications in global and local changes in social-ecological systems.
- Responsible/sustainable management of georesources (surface and groundwater, soil, rocks and minerals, energy).
- Ethical and social aspects in geo/environmental education and in the geoscience communication.
- Geoethics in natural hazards, geo-risks and disaster reduction.
- Ethical and social relevance of geoheritage, geodiversity, geo-conservation, geotourism/ecotourism and geoparks.
- Role of geosciences in achieving the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Ethical and social issues in climate change and marine science studies.
- Ethics in geoengineering and deep-sea/ocean mining.
- Ethical problems in economic geology, engineering geology, hydrogeology, paleontology, forensic geology, medical geology and planetary geosciences.
- Integrity of research and practice in geosciences, publication ethics.
- Matters concerning the professional work environment (inclusiveness, diversity, harassment, discrimination and disability).
- Ethical implications in managing the data life cycle and big data in geosciences.
- Ethical and social issues in international cooperation in the field of geosciences.
- Theoretical aspects of geoethics, social geosciences and geoscientific culture.
- Philosophy of geosciences and history of geoscientific thought.